Donald J Pliner Women's Keri Pump oocptb4147-New Shoes
What will the marijuana industry look like as legalization spreads? Caterpillar Mens Spiro Water Resistant Safety Boots (8 US) (Honey)CASSOCK Women's Thigh-high Boots Winter BFCM Over-Knee Boots Party Fashion Dress Long Boots shoesWill corporations sweep in and create Big Marijuana, flooding the market with mass-produced weed? Or will marijuana agriculture stay true to its roots in family farming, and reflect a sustainable, local, and artisanal ethic? In Craft Weed, Ryan Stoa argues that the future of the marijuana industry should be powered by small farms—that its model should be more craft beer than Anheuser-Busch.
To make his case for craft weed, Stoa interviews veteran and novice marijuana growers, politicians, LVYING Womens Snow Boot Med Wedges Platform Ankle Boots Warm Fur Round Toe Slip On Warm BootiesCASSOCK Womens Handmade Fashion Leopard High Heel Platform Prom Long Bootsactivists, and investors. He provides a history of marijuana farming and its post-hippie resurgence in the United States. He reports on the amazing adaptability of the cannabis plant and its genetic gifts, the legalization movement, regulatory efforts, the tradeoffs of indoor versus outdoor farms, and the environmental impacts of marijuana agriculture. To protect and promote small farmers and their communities, Stoa proposes a Marijuana Appellation system, modeled after the wine industry, which would provide a certified designation of origin to local crops.Saucony shoes Men Low Sneakers 2044-256 Jazz OriginalBorn - Womens - Steele Black A sustainable, local, and artisanal farming model is not an inevitable future for the marijuana industry, but Craft Weed makes clear that marijuana legalization has the potential to revitalize rural communities and the American family farm.
As the era of marijuana prohibition comes to an end,Camper shoes Woman Low Sneakers 21897-045 yellow Multi Size 36 yellow MultiMens Backpacking Boots Retro Genuine Leather Mens Super Warm Snow Boots Round Toe Lace-up Trendy Ridding Martin Boots Winter shoes now is the time to think about what kind of marijuana industry and marijuana agriculture we want. Craft Weed will help us plan for a future that is almost here.
Donald J Pliner Women's Keri Pump oocptb4147-New Shoes
Women's Wide Calf Slouchy Riding Boots Chunky Heel Zipper Buckle Strap Casual shoes
Most books about the modern marijuana industry are often torn between celebrating legalization's seeming inevitability and sharpening fears about its potential effects. Ryan Stoa's Craft Weed offers something new: a smart, historically accurate, and valuable middle ground that advocates for the benefits of small-scale “craft” cannabis farming as a means of rebuilding America's agricultural heritage and preventing the rise of marijuana monopolies. By tracing the history of how cannabis has long been produced in the United States, Stoa argues against misguided fears of “Big Marijuana” and gives actionable, useful advice for the benefits of developing a local, sustainable industry. Well-written and thoroughly researched, Craft Weed is must-read for anyone who wants the best for this emerging industry's future.
- TSIODFO Casual Oxford shoes Men Formal shoes for Men Cow Leather Oxfords Navy bluee Men Business shoes Size 7.5 (6111Navybluee40)
- Men's Military Combat Lace up Ankle Boots Mid Calf Biker Army Flat Low Heel Brown Leather shoes
- Belstaff Womens Astel Suede Block Heel Booties
- Easy Go Shopping Driving Loafer for Men Boat Moccasins Slip On Style Suede Leather Delicate Butterfly Lace British Style Cricket shoes
- Dockers Men's Agent Slip-On Loafer Black Tumbled 14 W
- English Laundry Men's Trafalgar Fashion Sneaker
- Teva Men's M Katavi 2 Sandal, Black Olive, 9 M US
- Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Mens Entertain 2nite Entertain 2nite
- Yellow Suede STEVEN by Steve Madden Womens Elora Mule
- NZZNB Women's Bag Fashion Lychee Pattern Solid color Large-Capacity Silk Scarf Decoration Wear-Resistant Waterproof Charming Satchel Tote Purse Top-Handle Handbags
- Slippers Women Muller Low Heel shoes Butterfly-Knot Slippers Pointed Toe Slides Flock Sandals
- Hanglin Trade Womens Classic Pointy Toe Ballet Flats Slip On Flat shoes
- KIKIVA Women Stiletto Platform High Heel Pumps Pointed Toe Zipper Court shoes
- Winging Women Yellow Skull Drawing Skull face Fashionable Suede Canvas shoes Old Skool Sneakers
- 1TO9 Womens Chunky Heels Pointed-Toe Buckle Black Suede Pumps shoes - 5.5 B(M) US
- Tamaris 23636, Women's Low-Top Sneakers
- JOYBI Women Fashion Platform Mid Calf Boot Zip Buckle Lace Up Punk Round Toe High Heel Motorcycle Boots
- Women Keep Warm Snow Boots Fashion Non-Slip Thick Fur Platform Mid Calf Down Winter Hiking Boots
- UIN Women's Zaans Comfort Microfiber Fashion shoes White
- Ariat Women's Contender Work Boot
- Cambridge Select Women's Strappy Double Buckle Lace-Up Low Heel Combat Boot
- Converse Mens Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Sneaker Charcoal
- Syktkmx Womens Braided Strappy Wedge Gladiator Criss Cross Ankle Wrap Low Heel Sandals
- Style & Co. Womens Gayge Closed Toe Knee High Fashion Boots, Mushroom, Size 6.0
- Charles by Charles David Women's Sky Fashion Boot,
- Saucony Men's Shadow Original Ripstop Trainers
- Men's Casual Soft shoes Fashion Leather Men's Boots Comfortable Breathable Personality Zipper Men's shoes Large Size Outdoor shoes
- Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Pro Hi Pale Puty Dolphin White Basketball shoes 11.5 Men US
Emily Dufton, author of Grass Roots: The Rise and Fall and Rise of Marijuana in America
Craft Weed is an insightful investigation into the future of cannabis farming by a gifted and thoughtful writer. A great read!
Linda A. Parker, University of Guelph, author of Cannabinoids and the Brain
It is not often that a new agricultural product enters the legal market.Twisted X Womens Gator Print Driving Mocs- Black Lush GreenNew Balance Mens Men's Fresh Foam Zante V3 Performance Run shoes Running shoes Ryan Stoa offers an insightful overview of how that came to be and how the marijuana market could avoid the ecological and social problems associated with industrial agriculture. It is a hopeful story that should serve as a call to action for those who want products that are sustainably produced and socially just.
Brian K. Obach, Professor of Sociology, State University of New York at New Paltz; CHAMARIPA Men Casual Height Increasing shoes Elevator Cow Leather shoes Black - 2.76 Inches Taller H72C11K272DLh yu Women Sandals Womens Slip On Pumps Pointed Toe shoes Classic Cross Strap shoes Court shoes Stiletto High Heels, 39 High Qualityauthor of Organic Struggle: The Movement for Sustainable Agriculture in the United States
Stoa's new work takes a novel look at multiple facets of the marijuana farm and the politics that surround it.JC PLAY BY JEFFREY CAMPBELL Women's MCBI32657 bluee Fabric SneakersWomens Snow Boots Winter Mid Calf Walking Boots Wedge Heel Ladies Leather Non-Slip Short Boots for Winter As they get caught up in the narrative, readers will learn a ton about the plant, the machinations of government, and parallels with the wine industry. Compelling arguments unfold for why we should support small, family farms in our efforts to preserve our country's communities and ecology while maintaining efficient agricultural markets. I sincerely hope that all levels of government follow his recommendations before it's too late.
Mitch Earleywine, Professor of Psychology, University at Albany, SUNY; author of Understanding Marijuana